Thursday, December 3, 2020

The Joy of Gaming: December Challenge 2020 - Day 3: Francis Drake

   (See previous entries HERE.)


We played Francis Drake last year as part of the Around-the-World theme calendar I made for him. This year, he just wanted to play it again, because we had fun. We played the 2-player approved variant and we still hate the green guy. He is just such a jerk - always taking what we wanted next. The mechanics of the game really suit as, as it has a little bit of something for everyone: secret deployment, working placement, a little push your luck here and there. It's the kind of game that keeps me and my husband right on each other's tail as we move around the VP track. This time we weren't as close, but it was still a good game. I'm glad I was in the frame of mind to enjoy it and feel good about things. Francis Drake always looks like a heavy game, but is a quick play in three rounds.




No comments:

Post a Comment