Thursday, December 3, 2020

Desperately Seeking Joy: Holiday Movies 2020 #3 - Last Christmas

 

Last Christmas (2019)

I had been wanting to see this movie since last Christmas, so I was really psyched to finally sit down and watch it. And I wasn’t disappointed. It sucked my girly, romantic heart right in and the twist was just as sweet. It has all the hallmarks of a Christmas story, but, sadly, it doesn’t have the rewatchability of so many of these other movies. I think I’d have to be in the right mood, because the movie does drag out some things just a little too much, like… yeah… I get it… she’s a bit batty and her mom is kinda crazy to. Actually, her whole family has issues, I get it. It also embraced the multiple endings trope and I’m never really a fan of ending the film multiple times, because you feel the viewer requires an absolute beating that the story has properly wrapped. 

But as far as romances go, these two characters were written adorably and I loved it.




No comments:

Post a Comment