Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Wii Wednesday #2


Today is the perfect day for Wii Wednesday, because IT IS RAINING!!! AGAIN!!!

But that wasn't all that today was about. I can't believe how much weird junk we did today.

First,  my daughter had CampIN today for Girl Scouts. They always do an activity and when I looked at what we needed, we were missing the major items of an LED tea light and various colored tissue paper. After shopping online, I found some locations that had what I needed and I organized a family trip out into the larger city of Oshkosh!

First we went to Wal-Mart. Did you know, starting July 20, you'll have to wear a mask? We were way ahead of the game, but going up and down the correct aisles freaked me out. Luckily, we were able to find the cotton balls and the tissue paper. We also found some other things, like the "Only one Rainbow matters during Pride" Skittles and the mint KitKat. In a strange turn of events, my daughter and I saw a really cool looking Hulk birthday card and bought it for my husband to go with the mint KitKat. Always good for a laugh.

Then we dropped my husband off at the Masks-Required-Starbucks to order 3 custom drinks and my daughter and I went to JoAnn Fabrics to get the tea lights, but we also ended up getting some clearance items that were too good to pass up (Funko Anna and Hermoine). I also knew that my daughter and husband would want Taco Bell for lunch, so I ordered some chicken and broccoli from the Chinese place right next to JoAnn Fabrics. I love their food and it was such a treat to stop.

A quick drive through a stripmall parking lot and we were at Starbucks, ready to pick up my husband. I love that he'll go order these weird drinks I find. Totallythebomb.com has all sorts of Starbucks drinks to try. Some have been really great and others have been so-so. Out of these three, only one just really hit the mark for "we're getting this again."

Pistachio Frappuccino

      • Grande Green Tea Frappuccino
      • No Classic Syrup, instead Hazelnut Syrup
      • Almond Milk instead of Whole Milk
      • Top with hhip 

We love pistachio, but my husband hates green tea. This was a shot in the dark and, sadly, it was a miss. The hazelnut was too overpowering and it was still a bit too much green tea. When we got home I had to do some doctoring by adding some heavy whipping cream and vanilla syrup.


Caramel Apple Spice Frappuccino
      • Grande cream based Cinnamon Dolce Frappuccino
      • Add apple juice to the second line of the cup to be blended WITH the ice and blending base
      • Top with whip and caramel drizzle
This one was pretty good, but the apple juice and the cream base didn't mix very well and separated often. It was a nice drink, though. If I'm craving something apple, I'd order it again. My husband MUCH preferred this to the attempted pistachio. If you really like apple, though, it's worth a shot.

Eleven Frappuccino
      • Grande White Mocha Frappuccino
      • 1 pump toffee nut syrup
      • Sweet Cream instead of milk
      • Caramel drizzles around the sides and on the top with whip
If you haven't guessed, this is named after Eleven on Stranger Things. It's like an Eggo Fapp. Sounds weird, but that's what it's supposed to be. And it was delicious and it was what my daughter got and it was what was not shared enough of, because it wasn't "your drink." Worth it. Caramel deliciousness. Enjoy!

After our lunches and spoiled drinks, I set to work setting up for my daughter's CampIN craft. I figured after her meltdown last week that I'd prep and have one already made in case she had questions. They made little camp fires. Here's what mine looked like (without the sticks with cotton ball marshmallows).

Supply List for a Glowing Campfire Craft:
      • Clear plastic cup 
      • Tissue paper in red, orange, and yellow 
      • Liquid glue (Tacky glue works best, but regular school glue works too) 
      • LED tea light (it’s okay if you don’t have this right away!)
      • Twig or thin craft stick 
      • Cotton balls 
      • Brown construction paper (or brown paper bag cut into strips) 
      • Scissors
Cut up the tissue paper into squares. I folded mine into about 1.5in wide strips.

Use a pencil to twist the pieces around and then dab on the glue stick before sticking them to the cup.

Repeat sticking them on the cup until the entire cup is covered, including the top.


Use the brown construction paper or brown paper bag to make logs to put underneath. Use the sticks and cotton balls to make marshmallows on a stick. Put the light underneath and you have a glowing campfire!


That was her craft and it was so much fun! She's still working on her's, though, BECAUSE she is obsessed with painting her minis right now. Check it out:



She finished her raptors, which are not pictured here. Those will come in a later picture.

Took a little relaxing break and watched an episode of Unsolved Mysteries before we got into some Just Dance on the Wii! Danced to a few songs and played a little Wii Sports and Wii Fit Plus. Good times for everyone!






My mom's 70th is this weekend and we're trying to make arrangements to celebrate with her. I didn't realize it would be so difficult on her end, but the final plans are to visit her. Then who knows!

The evening wrapped up with me watching The Karate Kid III, just because. So seriously... oh my goodness what a day for a rainy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment