Friday, July 31, 2020

IGGPPC Camp 2019: Troop Slayer Day 2


Dear Camp Diary,

This morning was a rough one. Felt a little extra tired, but at least I was up in time to tuck in the moon for our camp morning stretch:
Last night a visit came around the camp:
So that's always an exciting bit of news!

Two of today's camping activities came from me. I hope people do them. The first is a density science experiment. The other is the ghost drink that frustrated me for a while, because I don't like Tonic Water.

IGGPPC Camp 2020: Liquid Ghost Drinks
IGGPPC Camp 2020: Fireworks in a Jar

I really wanted to work on the constellation board, but something weird was affecting me at camp today. I even fell asleep for an hour on my bunk. Luckily, though, I was up in time to help with the Camp Cup! The list of required camp photos to achieve the cup has begun! YES! I impulsively submitted coffee, because it was right in front of me. There were so many others to try, I don't know why I was so focused on that one. Or we could have just waited for everyone to sign up AND THEN take the picture, just in case we got stuck in a bind for one very specific type of photo.

I also worked to finish my Troop Doodles.


Another activity popped up for our troop and it's a "Who Killed Counselor Nos4a2?", but since I haven't been myself today, it was hard to get into the frame of mind to write. So I made notes.

Also, I was able to play a game of Camp Grizzly with one member of my secret troop. I think it's what made me miss the Shadow Games at camp.


It was secret movie night, though, and our troop is all into garlic and all that, so I made some Troop Slayer Garlic Popcorn and a glass of Blood Punch and my little secret troop (daughter/husband) watched a bootleg copy of Ghostbusters II in that secret VHS Cabin Hut Thing. Mwahahaha! I missed the Troop Slayer Watchalong, but I'm finding I'm shockingly anti-social for actual talking. Messaging, tweeting, and posting photos I can do.

OH MY GOODNESS!!! My "bunk" fort fell down twice today and I have to keep tucking in the sheets. It was very frustrating for the one pivotal hold to keep causing problems.

Before bed, my daughter and I applied our Troop Slayer yoghurt masks!
Our skin was so smooth and delicious afterwards!

My night wrapped up with some reading of Vampironica, which arrived today! Oh... and Happy Birthday, Harry.


No comments:

Post a Comment