Wednesday, July 29, 2020

IGGPPC Camp 2020: Troop Slayer Day 0


Dear Camp Diary,

So camp opened and I immediately went to Discord for Registration. I did what I saw other ladies doing (.iam troop slayer) and waited to be accepted. Then my troop's camp area opened and there were so many exciting things! There was watchalongs and cooking and crafts and reading... so much to keep us busy at camp! I can't wait to report on things everyday.

I was so excited to be registering and meeting everyone and saying hello to old friends that I shared I was watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 1. Then there was a mad scramble to find out how to watch it online. I know Amazon and Netflix don't have it, because I checked already. But apparently Hulu US has it! So hopefully that'll inspire some people.

I then learned that we might be reading Vampironica and I rushed to order it. Even if we don't read it, I can still read it on my own.

There was talk about making friendship bracelets, so I shared my video for how to finger weave a bracelet. This made someone flashback to a horrible memory of their Jell-O aquarium, but made me think of the beach pudding cups I made. Immediately I made a grocery list and went to the store to buy materials for camp AND stuff to make Vampire Beach Desserts! 

I made VAMPIRE BEACH DESSERT CUPS!

Ingredients
  • 2 small boxes of Vanilla instant pudding mix (I used Sugar-Free)
  • 3 cups of milk (required for making the pudding)
  • 8 oz pack of cream cheese, softened
  • 12 oz container of Whipped Cream
  • 1 package dark chocolate Oreo Cookies
  • Red Food Dye (liquid coloring)
  • Raspberry Extract (or real raspberries to mix in)

Materials
  • Hand Mixer
  • Spatula
  • Spoon
  • Rolling pin & large Ziploc or Food Processor
  • 12 plastic cups (clear) – Size optional, but they’re individual OR Jars
Directions

1. In a mixing bowl, make the pudding according to the directions using the milk and pudding mix. Use the hand mixer to combine until starting to set.
2. Add in the 8 ozs of softened cream cheese and mix until combined.
3. Now use a spatula to fold in the 12 oz of whipped cream.
4. Add drops of red food dye until it is a reddish color. Too much could be weird. So only until you're happy with the color of red it is.
5. Add in the raspberry extract (only a few drops at a time... taste as you go). Add in the raspberries now, too, if you wanted to add them.
6. Put in the fridge to set.
7. While you’re waiting, make the dirt by putting the whole package of cookies into either a plastic Ziploc or into a food processor. The food processor will give you really fine sand, while the Ziploc and rolling pin with give you a more chunky and varied texture to your sand. We went the Ziploc route, because beating cookies with a rolling pin is very therapeutic. (WARNING! Beware of tiny monsters taking your cookies!)
8. Once the cookies are crumbled and the pudding is set, it is time to construct the cup.
9. Spoon some sand on the bottom of the cup or jar and then layer cookie-pudding-cookie-pudding-etc until you end with cookie on top.
10. Once you have assembled the cups or a jar, devour them or it!

If I had decorations, I totally would have added them, but I didn't have any. I made one large jar for my family to share, because our fridge just doesn't have the room for a million individual cups of pudding. I remember that from last time I made pudding cups. 

It is also time to prepare out blanket forts. I was really ambitions about making a blanket tent in the living room, but it just wasn't going to work. Instead, my husband helped me make a blanket canopy for the living room. Love him so much.


And finally, I also made sure I had some great camp and troop theme stuff ready to go:

I have the time chart ready to convert activity times so that I can participate in some, maybe. I usually stay away from the live activities, because I fail so poorly at being time-flexible. But tomorrow it all begins and I think I'm ready. Good luck to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment