Wednesday, October 2, 2019

October Movie Binge 2019 - Day 2: Lights Out (2016)



The concept for Lights Out (2016) was well thought out. I know the only silly bit that tried to cut away jaded viewers was the skin disorder with Diana. I liked, though, the unique take and bringing in certain elements from other horror subgenres to develop a strong story. The dealing with mental illness was also well done and, I think, sensitive to the issue. Almost as if Diana represents the part of us that feeds on that one moment of weakness we show and how dangerous that rabbit hole can be if we follow out.

Lights Out has some great jump-worthy moments, utilizing the lights-on-lights-off mechanic and the plot is sound. I've seen it a few times now and I still find it a nice little supernatural thriller.




No comments:

Post a Comment