Monday, August 10, 2020

Monday Me-Day #6


I spent a good chunk of today working on classroom things. There are so many unknowns, but there were projects I could work on. I've been keeping my mindset "digital." How can I still do these things, but digitally. So I'm transferring things online or putting them in digital form so that they can be more easily accessed.

Here are some of the materials I was working on over the weekend and today:

Digital Book Board
Reader's Notebook
Writer's Notebook
Prefix/Suffix Work
Vocabulary

We use this program called Canvas to deliver material to the students, so these slideshows and things will be presented through Canvas. I really like them and am excited to use them. I'm going kind of rogue with revamping my lit class this year. I'm literally theming the entire year: Heroes. We are starting with creating a superhero, then working our way into comic books and graphic novels for argument writing and then working with the topic of teen activism. It's going to be great!

After some work on school, though, I had other personal stuff to do. I'm in a bad way emotionally with all the news and decisions that are coming my way (all personal). So I really wanted to make sure that I took today to relax. I put on Riverdale, which is now in Season 3, and let it run. Sadly, Season 3 has made me not a happy camper. It ripped off Shawshank Redemption and it took D&D and turned it into some dark, real magic thing. It's not funny and it's not cute. Plus the whole season feels really out of sync. Our main characters are not behaving like high school students. There lots of disconnect between days, story, characters, etc. It's driving me nuts. But... I keep watching. My husband jokingly asked me, "Which is worse: Ryan Murphy or Riverdale?" Oh gosh... still don't have an answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment