Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The Joy of Gaming: 3 Days Until International Tabletop Day - Legendary



On the eve of the early releases of Avengers: Infinity War, I am so excited to write about one of my favorite Deck Builders. Legendary hits all my favorite things about a game. It is cooperative, it's a deck builder, it's got super heroes and different combinations of teams you can make, and it is fast-paced.

We, of course, have a ton of (though not all!) the expansions for the game. I have fun playing around with the different teams that can play together. Sometimes I like to be silly and pick unlikely heroes to work together and other times I like to play the classics.

My husband sometimes makes the setup take forever, but most of that has to do with picking the people that you want. When teaching it as a new game, I remember it took forever. I was teaching it to my kids at a game convention I help run. They were being crazy choosing their people and then their turns were so long. I had way too much time to socialize during other people's turns. I think that's the best way to phrase that experience. This is not an ideal game for my game club kids-- too much mucking about.  It is one of my favorite games to play with just my husband though!

The whole Legendary series makes me happy. I just love it. Now I know there are lots of Marvel games coming onto the market, because of the whole MCU craze, but it's sometimes hard to suss out the quality games. Legendary hit the mark with this one and I can't gushingly recommend it enough.

Original Episode


Gag Reel


No comments:

Post a Comment