Saturday, December 8, 2018

A Nerdy Teacher's Closet: Week 14 (12/3 - 12/7)

I was a bit thrown this week by what I wanted wear. See, I have all these "ugly sweater" t-shirts, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to stretch those out all December or if I should do one week of shirts before going all in. So I went with some general t-shirts this week and then starts on the "ugly sweater" t-shirts next week. Happy Holidays!


Week 14: 12/3 - 12/7


Monday, December 3, 2018
I got this shirt at GenCon at the Critical Role booth. I've only worn in a few times, so I figured it was time to break it out, especially since I am at such a pivotal episode in Season 2. I'm a bit behind, but this was promised to be insanely crazy! I did not, though, finish the episode on this day, but knew Tuesday would reveal everything. This shirt is available through the Critical Role shop.




Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Like I said before, I'm at a very pivotal episode in Critical Role and I didn't get to finish it Monday, but I finished it in the car on the way to school. There was no, though... "How do you want to do this?" That smile belies the pain inside. Sadly, I can't seem to find this shirt for sale on Geek & Sundry anymore nor on the new Critical Role site. I'm hoping some of these items come back. You can, though, find variations on other t-shirt sites.


Wednesday, December 5, 2018
It's been super cold and there is snow all around. I saw my daughter's snowman in the front yard going through these stages of melting and refreezing and it made me think of this shirt. Primordial Snowman (Woot!Shirt).


Thursday, December 6, 2018
My student teacher took over and I wanted to show her some support. Great job, even if you start sinking into a pit of lava, like Gollum. I Like This Ending from Woot!Shirt.



Friday, December 7, 2018
Unless it's for a good reason, I sometimes just wake up and see where the morning takes me when I pick my shirts. This morning I had taken down my Lord of the Rings retro video game shirt, because Lord of the Rings feels holiday-ie to me, because of it's release dates in December. But as I was leaving my closet, I saw my blue Infinity Gauntlet shirt discarded from when I was going to wear it and backed out. I discarded the Lord of the Rings shirt for the Gauntlet shirt. I got this gauntlet shirt through either Loot Crate or Loot Wear.

As I prepared for the day, dealing with all the Advent Calendar related things that were going on, I saw it... the Infinity War: Endgame teaser. And in that moment I realized that I was channeling Marvel so hard. I felt so in-tune with the nerdisphere in that moment that I almost cried. I even had on Captain America socks! This was a very proud day for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment