Monday, February 12, 2018

The Joy of Gaming - Valentine's Edition Night 1

I love Valentine's Day. There are many personal reasons for why I love Valentine's Day, but let me just say it's not about the roses and diamonds and the like. It's totally personal. Yet, when it comes to themes, I do like a holiday to give what I do a little extra sparkle.

Since I'm finally investing myself in gaming again, I decided to attempt to plan a little V-Day game night-week-weekend type thing. So of course, I started looking for Valentine's Day games for us to play. What I found was just a long list of 2-player games to play with your Significant Other. And if it was love, it was Love Letter. I was really disappointed with what I was finding.

So I decided to do some of my own research and look for games that were at least 2-player, were not party games, and also had "love" type something as a theme or something like that. I made a list on BoardGameGeek, but then I realized I needed to have some fun with it.

So here is Evening 1 of my Valentine's Week of Love Games.

The Cliche: Love Letter
We absolutely love this game. Pack in a purse and pass the time away whenever you're stuck waiting. We have a few different versions, but we still love the traditional. Even got the little custom hearts instead of just the red pieces.



The Trick: Woo
I am terrible at trick-taking games. This one came in our Pack-o-Games 2 from Chris Handy. I really liked it, even though I was thoroughly trounced by my husband. But we both agreed, it was just so romantic wooing each other. Teehee.


Despite my losing both games, love was still in the air. 







No comments:

Post a Comment