Monday, December 10, 2018

The Joy of Gaming: December Challenge 2018 - Day 10: Wizard's Brew

I absolutely adore Ticket to Ride. It is literally one of my favorite games. I don't actually play it enough, but it's one I even played online and I love to break it out with my students. I get cocky playing it, but I have a system.

Wizard's Brew is a game my husband had on his list for games he wanted to play with me. I didn't really question the request, but after scratching his off Dec 10, he told me it was by Alan R. Moon. I think it took a minute to set in (because there ain't no tired like teacher tired in December... except for March and April tired). Once it finally sunk it, I was pretty stoked. 

I like how the two-player version wasn't overly taxing and burdensome... I guess heavy is the right adjective... wait... no... I mean light? But not like... light like Love Letter light. Just... I'm tired and it was fun even being triple tired. If I had the energy, I would have asked for a second or third play of the game. I'm someone who needs to play the game to learn it, so after one play I felt ready to take on the challenge. Teacher tired took over, so I didn't get to play it again. Now I know, though, and will probably have it brought out again at some point. An exciting new game that I can recommend.








No comments:

Post a Comment