Saturday, November 2, 2019

November 2019 Thankfulness List - Day 2


Last year my passion for the holidays was non-existent. I wasn't caring at all about anything. It was a horrible feeling. This year, though, I was bitten by the holiday bug. I have a feeling it has something to do with my daughter's desire to start decorating for the holidays. It started with Halloween and now I want very badly to decorate for Thanksgiving.

We don't typically decorate, because we don't really have people over. The most we have is maybe my mom. We decorate for Christmas, because it's my husband's favorite holiday, but usually everything else we skip. Today, though, I was excited to prepare for the fall holiday.

First, I found my mom's homemade stuffed turkey and put it out. Then I went to Wal-Mart and saw that not only were the Halloween decorations 50% off, but so were all the fall decorations! Scarecrows and patchwork pumpkins and fall wreaths... I was so excited and my husband was so horrified!

When I got home, I immediately put it all up and I just felt so good. It felt like a holiday was coming. My daughter loved the turkey and the scarecrows. Without that discount, there was no way I was going to be able to get these items, especially the wreath. So I am thankful for discounts. They're always good, but even better when they help you find happiness in a dark time.



No comments:

Post a Comment