Monday, August 20, 2018

The Joy of Gaming - IGGPPC Camp: Tabletop Games Photo Scavenger Hunt (2018)



I created this hunt for camp. I wish I had added "show a picture of your game collection," but oh well. As someone who plays games all the time and has a 400+ collection, this was really hard. I did my best, though.

1. Your Favorite Game
Being honest here... this was tough. There are SO many games I love and will always play. Ticket to Ride, though, also allows me bragging rights, because I'm good at it. Give me variations, give me themes... set collecting and completing goals is the most zen gaming experience ever! If you look at my Joy of Gaming series, you'll see there are so many amazing games that I love, but I went old school for this.

2. A game you'd play at camp
I wouldn't be me if I didn't bring CAMP Grizzly to play. A camp setting, a camp theme, and a little bit of spooky. Love, love, love.

3. A game that made you love gaming
I have gateway games that exposed me, but one game that has just never faded for me and really changed my whole perspective was Pandemic. There were other games, like Hero Quest, but Pandemic, I think, really cultivated where I've gown as a gamer.

4. Favorite Game Theme
I love crime/mystery/deduction games. I love the puzzle and the time constraint. I really should have taken that PI test back in the day, but I love solving a good mystery. I've got mad intuition skillz.


5. A Fandom Game
As we looked through our games, there were so many I could give nods to. Star Trek: Five Year Mission, pretty much any zombie game, even Harry Potter. Once I added a game I also just adore? You know I have to go full on MCU with Legendary. I'm not saying there's a large box-shaped bulge under my pillow at night, but I'm also not saying there isn't.


6. Favorite Art in a Game
Art is such an important part of Tabletop Game design. There are so many absolutely gorgeous games. Celestia and Dixit or games with minis such as Shadows of Brimstone and Zombicide. One game, though, besides Dixit, that just dominates my mind is Mysterium. While it uses the Dixit idea of large cards with beautiful art, it also ties in the idea of deduction and mystery through the use of additional cards that you need to help you solve the mystery. Just absolutely gorgeous... every aspect of the game. My picture doesn't do it justice.


7. Favorite Game Title
Oh boy... there are quite a few, but the one that stands out is Fortune and Glory. I mean... Indiana Jones people! Funny Fact: Literally everyday I have a front row seat for pretty much half of our collection and when I am thinking, my eyes are constantly scanning the games across from me. Some of the good names I see right off the bat are Cartagena, Scythe, Elysium, The Battle at Kemble's Cascade, Chaosmos, Galaxy Trucker, Stuffed Fables, and Grimoire, just to name a few. Fortune and Glory, though, is one that I also stare at everyday, and it makes me want to wear a super sweet fedora so someone can tip the rim.


8. Favorite Game Piece
The blue crystal skull from Tzolk'in is awesome! Don't get me started on amazing game pieces, but this was the first to come to mind, even though there are millions. I must commit. (And I feel like a tool for spelling Tzolk'in wrong when I posted this all over the place. I can only partially blame auto-correct, since the title is in the picture. ::hangsheadinshame::)


9. Favorite Game Board
I'm beating a dead horse at this point, because game boards are just another aspect of the artwork that can completely enthrall. Suffice to say, we're in the trenches of Scythe right now, so the board was fresh in my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment