Thursday, August 16, 2018

IGGPPC Camp: Thank You Letter



As part of my International Geek Girl Pen Pal Camp 2018 we were asked to write letters each day. Day 1 is a Thank You Letter. While there are so many people in this world I can thank for different reasons, there is one that really deserves it more than everyone.


Dear Ray (AKA Hubbywubs, AKA Ray-B-Doo, AKA - Papa),

Thank you for always being there. I know we have our ups and downs, as all couples do, but 21 years latter, I think we're doing pretty okay. Sometimes we don't sync up with priorities or goals or outlooks, but we don't let that stand in the way. You are my partner in crime. You may not always like cutting out pieces of construction paper to make signs for my school projects or having to run errands when I am too exhausted, but I appreciate it. 

Thank you for being the most amazing father in the world. You do so much for our daughter and, at times, have to pick up the slack of being a mother and a father when I just can't make it happen due to work or other required commitments. You work with her and understand her and she depends on you for so many things and you just put everything aside to help her work through whatever is going on. I can't even list all the ways you are amazing with her, but I know you know because I tell you everyday.

With 21 years of baggage, it's hard to know what to list or go on and on and on about, so I said a few thankful things, not like you don't hear them everyday or at least every-other-day, but I just thought I'd say "thank you" again, because I know you need to hear it. 

I love you so very much.

Love,
Me


No comments:

Post a Comment