Sunday, July 13, 2014

Embrace Your Geekness Day 2014

You would think that on this day I would have gone nuts and gone full-on geek. I think normally I would have, but sometimes the cards don't play out in that way. So it really came down to celebrating in my own way and embracing being a Geek Mom.

We started the day with breakfast and my daughter and I did letters and coloring. She's 3yo, so I'm trying to help her learn to trace letters and color in the lines, since she's only going half days, three days a week to preschool during the summer. Oh to be the daughter of a teacher who is worrying about the summer slide.

After that, I put on my Force Fitness t-shirt and we all went to the playground, where I got to walk three miles while listening to The Lord of the Rings Soundtrack and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  During the walk I was compelled to do some sort of house-organizing project. So after stopping at the store, I went home and started organizing all my geeky shirts! See... I embraced the day. All my geek shirts are sorted and now I'm organizing them into folded shelving that matches different categories for easy access.

While my daughter napped, my husband and I caught up on Falling Skies, because we were a little behind. Then we watched Conquest of the Planet of the Apes and Battle for the Planet of the Apes on SyFy.

In the evening, I did some cooking with my daughter. She had an impromptu recipe for carrot and pistachio cake, so I used my base cupcake recipe and we made little cakelettes. They turned out really good.  I also worked on my Survive! article.

Sadly, because we had been so exhausted by my daughter, who literally is a Sonic the Hedgehog. . . we didn't get to game at all, but at least I got the work on my game article.

And that's. . . how I celebrated being a geek. It was a little underwhelming this year, but that's the way to cookie crumbles sometimes when life takes hold. Tomorrow is a new day of geeking!




No comments:

Post a Comment