Sunday, September 1, 2013

Challenged

I was playing the good wife this morning and making a typical Sunday morning brunch. I had my healthy french toast cooking with the turkey bacon in the oven and the strawberry compote cooking down. The scrambled eggs were almost ready. The husband was sitting on the couch and decided he was going to catch up on some of his web shows.

As I'm throwing down a new round of soaked bread, I heard a familiar video game theme from my youth and I spin around. I have that "Yeah, I know that theme" look on my face and Ray is looking back at me like "Woohoo! I love it too!" As the music ends, I'm like "I so remember that music."

Ray: "You've watched this show?"

Me: "What show? That's video game music."

Ray: "Uh, no. That's Two Best Friends Play."

Me: "No! The music is from Kirby."

Moments of silence pass as Ray frantically searches to prove me wrong. He finds an article that forces him to give me props for theme song knowledge, but instead reads out the article practically justifying the use of the music by these guys. I don't really care whether they used the music or not (hello.... we used Godfather music on our podcast all those years ago). What I do care about is the fact that I totally called that music and knew where it came from!

Still begrudgingly giving me props, I throw out how I know it's not "Mega Man" (because my husband is the master of theme songs game or TV) and he throws back "Mega Man is way better than Kirby." O-M-G! I don't even know what was going on at that point. All I knew was that I recognized some Nintendo music and was super proud of it.

Thus is the geek life in my house. . . always challenged. I live with a geek who challenges E-VER-EE-TH-ING! I love him to iddy-biddy pieces, though.

Husband's Final Word: I was NOT THAT bitter about it. I am bitter about you calling me bitter. I don't think that's fair to me at all. I said I was.... stop quoting me... whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment