Saturday, October 13, 2018

A Nerdy Teacher's Closet: Week 6 (10/8 - 10/12)

I went full on Harry Potter this week. I had a few Harry Potter shirts and they're witches and wizards and it's October, so I figured it'd be okay to maybe channel that. I mean, especially since this past weekend where my family went all Harry Potter crazy and we all determined our Official Pottermore Houses and wands and pratonuses. It was quite a surprising weekend for all of us. Yet, therein lies inspiration and that is where my weekend of t-shirt inspiration comes from.


Week 6: 10/8 - 10/12



Monday, October 8, 2018
Our I didn't know what to wear at the beginning of the week. I found it incredibly difficult to not want to defer to another comfortable shirt and start duplicating. Since I had spent the weekend sorting my October shirts, I started sorting through them and found this shirt as my comfiest option that I could also theme out for the week. This shirt is so absolutely comfy and loose, so it made me feel happy on a Monday that I knew was going to be right. Since I had just had a Harry Potter weekend, I figured this would be great. It came from a Loot Crate box.


Tuesday, October 9, 2018
I purchased this shirt when I went to Universal Orlando a few years ago. They largest size they had was a 2XL and, at the time, there was no way I was fitting into that. It was so tight, it squeezed my arms. I, though, bought it anyways, knowing what was ahead of me. Last year I finally wore it and I didn't look like a sausage. So I was very excited to put it on today. I also love Sirius Black. You can get your very own version without even going to Orlando! They do sell it in 3XL on the website.


Wednesday, October 10, 2018
The Forbidden Forest.... sooooo spooookyyyy. I mean look at this thing? Soooo spooky! I totally realized on this day that all of these Harry Potter shirts are full body shirts and it makes it really difficult to take a picture. Awesome! I purchased this through TeePublic.


Thursday, October 11, 2018
I'm not gonna lie... I've never worn this shirt. Not ever. I have no idea why. I just never have. It was one of the shirts that was folded and never really came up in my mind to wear. It's an Art-Nouveau style shirt of Luna Lovegood. If I remember correctly, it was part of empowered women series from several years ago via TeeFury. Now it is available through TeePublic.


Friday, October 12, 2018
I Same story as above. I bought the shirt. I never wore it. Art-Nouveau Hermoine Granger. Was at TeeFury, now at TeePublic. MeganLara, who has these shirts available through her shop on TeePublic, has several of these style shirts for all your geeky loves and even more for Harry Potter.



That was an interesting week of shirts. I had one that I didn't get to wear, but it's more Harry Potter vs. Lord of the Rings. I'm disappointed that I can't wear a selection of my shirts to school, because they depict guns. It's my Supernatural shirts. There's always a gun somewhere on the shirt. I'm thinking, though, next week might be zombie shirts and then our short week will be N.E.W. Game shirts and then the week of Halloween I have a few choice shirts, I think. November, though, I am breaking out the Science and Sci-Fi shirts, because November is Sci-Fi month!






No comments:

Post a Comment