Friday, January 1, 2016

The Joy of Gaming - Loch Ness

Sometimes I see a game and I have to have it purely for a sense of nostalgia. From 2007 until 2009, my husband and I lived in Edinburgh, Scotland. Whenever I see a game that has anything to do with Scotland, I can't help but want it. This game was at our local game shop in the children's area and I knew I needed to have it, because I could tell my daughter all about Nessie and my husband and I would have something to joke about. Thus was the purchasing of Loch Ness (2010).

Loch Ness (2010)
You are a tourist who is hoping to catch a glimpse of Nessie on the loch. On your turn either roll the die to move Nessie or move your tourist in the hopes of ending up in Nessie's path. When Nessie ends up in the line of sight for your tourist, you draw tiles from the bag and keep the highest number.

Loch Ness uses dice rolling, pawn moving, and points acquired based on random tiles that are drawn.

A fun family game that taught our daughter strategy movements. Turned out to be a great impulsive purchase.





No comments:

Post a Comment