Tuesday, November 5, 2019

November 2019 Thankfulness List - Day 5


It's a rough school year for me. I mean... seriously everywhere it feels like we're being smothered with so much, let alone my Literacy Coach leaving and then all the personal stuff going on outside of school. The last thing I want is to think about bringing a student teacher into my classroom for a whole semester.

And yesterday I received an e-mail from my principal. Apparently I was being requested to be someone's cooperating teacher. Like... someone had heard about me and had specifically asked for me. I don't know if others can realize how big of an honor that is... but something I'm doing is right. For someone like me who is so self-conscious about everything, this blew my mind.

Now the interesting thing is... I don't know who this guy is. Never heard of him... no social media overlapping contacts... my friends haven't heard of him. But in his bio, he coincidentally listed board games. Did he hear about me through the board gaming community? Was it just, really, a coincidence? Did an advisor at the university recommend me?

All these questions just constantly run through my head. The long and short of it, though, is that something I'm doing is right. Something I'm doing is spreading my name around in a positive way. What an honor... really... an honor... to have someone want me as their "teacher."


No comments:

Post a Comment