Wednesday, November 20, 2019

November 2019 Thankfulness List - Day 20


Over the last weekend I had a chance to just binge some movies. I had been wanting to revisit You've Got Mail and it made me feel so good. But see... here's the things about romantic movies... I am not a Lifetime Movie Channel romantic movie person. I do not swoon at all movies that are considered romantic. Same thing with books... I don't like the excessive cheese. I like the meaningfulness. Like... When Harry Met Sally or Sabrina or Roman Holiday or P.S. I Love You or Love Actually or The Holiday... I mean... there's a list... probably a pattern, too. Actually, my husband did a column many, many years ago about romantic movies. Ranked them or something like that.

It's hard to explain what really makes a movie romantic for me and not just scholock for the masses... like those manufactured romance novels that (no offense) old women from my youth used to consume.  Either way... I love them and I love the way they make me feel. My husband laughs at me for it, but I have a tendency to be less of a girl. But when I have my girly moments... oh goodness is it silly.



No comments:

Post a Comment