Sunday, June 2, 2013

Happy Birthday, Zachary Quinto!

Happy Birthday, Zachary Quinto!


I have to do a shout-out to Quinto. I've been watching him since her broke out into the mainstream with his role as Sylar on Heroes. Sure he has lots of small spots on other shows and, maybe, if you want to argue it, 24 was a big deal for him, but Heroes really made him a household name.  Now he's not only a household name, he's a water-cooler name. "Hey, did you see Quinto in. . . ." When I heard he was being cast as Spock in the new Star Treks, I thought they made an amazing casting job and Quinto has not be a let down in any way, shape, or form.

After all engines were a go for awesomeness, I ended up enjoying his incredibly twisted performances on American Horror Story. I'm shocked I made it through both seasons and survived. That is an intense series, but despite his strong physical presence, he was able to transform into his role without me thinking "awe man, Spock is a serial killer!"

Bottom line, Quinto is amazing and I look forward to seeing his career develop. So today is definitely a day to celebrate it, geek style. From Comic Books, to Star Trek, to Horror Film Geeks, Quinto is a Geek powerhouse of an actor.

And just for funsies, the awesome The Audio Spock Challenge commercial.


No comments:

Post a Comment