Monday, June 3, 2013

A Toast: Live Long and Prosper (Star Trek Wines)

I couldn't help but get caught up in the gimmick of the Star Trek wines being released by Vinasa Winery (California). I'm only a mediocre wine drinker. I have an occasional glass here and there. I am more a sweet wine drinker and usually a white wine rather than a red. Yet, something about my new adventure made me want to order these bottles and enjoy at least one while watching Star Trek. I have already embraced that fact that in either weeks from now I will still be watching Star Trek in some form or another. Maybe, just maybe, I'll cook a meal that will match the wine and enjoy them both while watching one of the Star Trek feature films! We'll see. Either way, check it out. It's kinda cool.


While I think it's awesome that these wines are from Star Trek: The Original Series, I find it interesting that they weren't more geared towards The Next Generation. I found this article online about Picard and his love of wine. He even had his own private reserve, "Chateau Picard, 2267." Besides, Picard was a bit more classy than Kirk. It might have been a bit more interesting. Just a thought and all that. Anyways. . .this article focuses on Star Trek: Nemesis and the amount of wine/champagne that is being drunk by the actors. I just thought it was neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment