Friday, December 12, 2014

Meet Me at the Table: December Game-a-Day Challenge - Day 12: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game - Rise of the Ruinlords

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game - Rise of the Runelords (2013)

Our friend Jim got this game for my husband last Christmas. When he came to visit that spring, the two of them went nuts playing. I was too busy with work, so I couldn't stay up ALL night playing. But when school started winding down and summer break was upon me, I wanted to start playing the game. May 30, 2014 I fell in love with Pathfinder and have been a rabid fan. Time, though, is still not on my side, so it's been somewhat slow-going in-between everything else I've been wanting to play.

Tonight, we started Adventure 5: Sins of the Saviors (2014). My character is Merisiel and my husband is Ezran. Love it! This game also led me to look into the Pathfinder RPG. I'm hoping to actually use the Rise of the Runelords adventure for my next RPG campaign and see how the card game and the RPG can overlap and support each other.








1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I haven't played this, but I've been curious! I love tabletop rpgs, but we mostly run campaigns using GURPS. It seems like a great idea to use the resources from the card game for the rpg (and to mine an rpg for other games, as well). Very cool.

    I had a pinball tournament yesterday so didn't have a great deal of time, but we managed to squeeze in a game of Rattus Cartus before midnight. If you like bidding for influence, bluffing, and an ever present danger of being killed by plague rats, it's a great deal of fun. It's predecessor, Rattus, is also one of the few area control games I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete