Saturday, January 4, 2014

Star Trek Counter Jars

Today's quote was fitting for the activity I completed:

"We're going to stumble, make mistakes. . . . I'm sure more than a few before we find our footing. But we're going to learn from those mistakes. That's what being human is all about."
- Archer, Star Trek: Enterprise - Shockwave, Part 2

One of the aspects of my geek fitness regime is to have a counter jar. I mentioned previously that I had seen these kinds of jars on Etsy and around the web on some of the crafty pages. What bothered me was that so many of them were so foofy and had Bible passages on them. Or they had some mindless girl junk that I could seriously care less about. 

Since I had made the decision to geek out my fitness goals and my weight loss badge was the Star Trek Medics symbol, I created Star Trek Counter Jars. They're my weight loss goals in jar form. I made the counters red, yellow, and blue. I used two quotes that I thought would be fun for each jar. I even used one of my vinyl car stickers of the little Uhura. I think they look pretty nifty. Whenever I lose pounds, I move counters to the other jar, so I can see my progress.

My only disappointment with the jars was that the stickers I made were not printed on the clear sticker paper the packaging promised it would be. So I might remake and fix those stickers if the new pack of sticker paper I ordered is actually clear. The other disappointment was the black Star Trek emblem stickers. I ordered two of the large, but the guy sent me one little and one big. I'll just take it as a need to go from larger to smaller. 

My weekly weigh in is going to be a good one this week, so I'll be excited to move some beads and earn some badges. Also, this was my first geeky Star Trek craft project. I don't typically do a great deal of crafting. No time, but this was cool. Who knows. . . maybe I'll start making more crafts over the summer with my daughter.



No comments:

Post a Comment