Wednesday, May 29, 2013

X-Women?

So I've been bumming around Geek & Sundry for quite some time. I watch pretty much everything they have. Sometimes for a release or a laugh, but often for a Geek-rush. They've added a few new Vlogs and their newest is Amy Dallen. She is all about the Comics in "Talkin' Comics." Here is this week's Vlog-cast, which actually went very well with an interview I just read that was posted by Fox6News Milwaukee about the new X-Men comic and how it has an all chick team! Interview posted below. ENJOY and subscribe and like Amy Dallen on YouTube.com.



Brian Wood and Jeannine Schaefer are interviewed about their new X-Women team! Here's the funny thing. I had a friend ask me if I was going to do anything with comics. Here's my thing with comics. . . I am not opposed to them. I actually find benefits to comics and graphic novels in my line of work (uh... Literacy teacher?). I mean, I just taught ONOMATOPOEIA as part of figurative language and used classic comic book examples. I just, sometimes feel like I missed the comic boat. That I needed to hop on board when it started before I was ever born. To catch-up now, I would really be struggling. I mean, look how behind I am as a geek PERIOD! Comic books feel incredibly intimidating to me. I'm not really sure how to start. So I've put it on the back-burner until I can figure out an angle where I don't feel suffocated by the immensity of the field.




Side-Step
I started telling my husband about this. He's actually a pretty knowledgeable comic book guy. And I was like... what are some awesome ONOMATOPOEIA I can use for pictures.... OH!!! BAMF! What's that other one that is like very specific to comics? He reminded me about SNIKT! I was like "woah! Yeah! That's awesome!" He decided to pop-quiz me. "Name those ONOMATOPOEIAs." NAILED IT! Nightcrawler and Wolverine. That was awesome. Then again, I remember how awesome it was in the X-Men 2 (2003) movie when they made the perfect BAMF sound.  That... was a proud geek moment for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment