Thursday, November 5, 2020

Desperately Seeking Joy #9

 

This week has been a bit different than previous weeks. I've started some health goals. After learning over the weekend that I'm slightly anemic, I figured it'd be good to get back on track for making my healthy decisions. The quarantine really did a number on my general physical health. We already know my mental health is a growing struggle.

So first I started with one of those "30 Days to 10,000 Steps" things, but I'm no fool. To push myself that fast would only create frustration and could result in pain (I have a fickle foot that likes to be troublesome). For me personally, that is. So I took the challenge, but divided it up to make it manageable and attainable for myself. For this first week, I wanted to just be able to get myself to walk a mile each day. By the end of the week I should maintain no less than 3,000 steps a day. 

The next health goal was to drink my two bottles of water a day. I have one of those water bottles that has the "drink this much by this time" marks on it. I don't always adhere to the time, but I try to drink two bottles a day. 

Other health goals will be added, but I have to start somewhere. In addition, I've added in some more vitamins to my daily goal and I'm watching my eating so that I can start to take stock of what things I need to start tweaking. Sadly, I'm noticing that two of the things I'm trying to improve in my health have somewhat contradictory diets. One wants me to eliminate meat as much as possible, while the other asks that I add in some red meat to boost my red blood cells. Go figure my health would be so irritating.

Today, though, has been a very productive and fulfilling day. 

  • Watched some Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.
  • Walked a mile.
  • Finished Critical Role: Campaign 2 - Episode 61.
  • Purchased a christmas shirt for my daughter that's D&D related.
  • Took out the trash and recyclables.
  • Put up the fall scarecrows by the front door.
  • Put the Halloween bins in the crawl space.
  • Took a few extra bins into the crawl space to provide more room.
  • Put up the fireplace Thanksgiving decorations (including wreath).
  • Put up the shelf Thanksgiving decorations.
  • Put up the outside Thanksgiving decorations.
  • Earned 43 Zone Mins on my Fitbit.
  • Researched healthy diets.
  • Found out how long my leave is for.
  • Went to the grocery store for spaghetti ingredients.
  • Chopped veg, cooked the meat, and assessembled the spaghetti sauce.
  • Put away the Thanksgiving bin and other stored items in the closet.
  • Planned (on paper) our Alternative-Thanksgiving for my mom and us.
  • Worked on organizing my clothes in my bedroom.
  • Started watching Critical Role: Campaign 2 - Episode 62.
  • Worked on my Birthday/Christmas list on Amazon.
  • Worked on my daughter's Christmas list on Amazon.
  • Sorted 25 advent calendar gifts, assigning them numbers.
  • Wrapped 25 advent calendar gifts (and photographed).
  • Monitored and cooked the spaghetti sauce all day (ooof).
  • Made the rest of the dinner (noodles, bread).
And at 5PM I turn to trying to relax for the evening. It was a very busy day. I know it might not seem like it, but it definitely kept me busy from minute to minute. I felt so "finished" that doing the noodles for dinner almost made me freak out, because I felt like I forgot how to make noodles. And I still feel so "finished" that I need to remember to make a frozen meal of our dinner for my mom tomorrow. 

But today was a goodish day. Lots of stuff done. Met my fitness goals. Still time to relax in the evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment