Sunday, May 13, 2018

Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View - Reflections Introduction

I immediately bought Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View and I was so excited to read it! I opened it and started glancing at and skimming a few of the stories, but as life always has it, I put it down and took up other things.

Despite being a Literacy teacher, I've haven't been picking up books a great deal for about the last 2 years. I've been going through a great deal of personal stuff and I found I was being more drawn to my writing than picking up 2-3 books at a time to consume. That doesn't mean I wasn't reading at all. I mean, HELLO, Lit teacher. Read alouds and reading student work and reading academic texts and all sorts of things. Finally, though, I decided it was time to stop listening to the emo music and put on my audiobooks.

I love full immersion reading: seeing and hearing the book. I almost always buy the audiobook as well as either a physical copy or an ebook copy. I always have a book for the car that I put on everyday and at this particular point, I chose to finally start From a Certain Point of View.

The audiobook is read by a full cast with sound effects and background music. Honestly, it makes the book that much more amazing. I am so glad I chose to read it as an audiobook.

After each story I would tell my husband what I liked or didn't like about it and it dawned on me that I could do little mini reviews of each of the stories after I read them. So I'll be doing From a Certain Point of View Short Story Reflections for all 40 stories.

I'm really looking forward to this and I hope it is at least somewhat entertaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment