Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Journey Agenda

I'm on my way!
I know there is alot to cover, but this is what I hope to be able to do between all of my other commitments. Remember, I am a teacher who is teaching summer school, preparing for the fall, and pursuing professional development, as well as a mother with a toddler. I have crossed my fingers and toes that I can achieve this and I have ample support from my dear and beloved geeks, like my husband.

So starting Memorial Day Weekend I will be watching all of Star Trek. I will be starting to read I, Robot by Isaac Asimov, and I'll be learning how to play Shadowrun. I will also be posting about my geek exploits. We are trying to become involved in a game shop that we fell in love with, but it's two hours away. I am also constantly watching movies and other things. So you'll see other posts about my journey and my encounters with geekism. These, though, are what I hope to focus on, this summer at least.

Television/Movies:
  • Star Trek (Seasons 1-3)
  • Star Trek: The Motion Picture
  • Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan
  • Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
  • Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
  • Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
  • Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation (Seasons 1-7)
  • Star Trek: Generations
  • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (Season 1-7)
  • Star Trek: First Contact
  • Star Trek: Voyager (Season 1-7)
  • Star Trek: Insurrection
  • Star Trek: Nemesis
  • Star Trek: Enterprise (Seasons 1-4)
  • Star Trek
  • Star Trek: Into Darkness
  • V (the original series and The Final Battle)
  • Quantum Leap (Seasons 1-5)
  • Battlestar Galactica (Seasons 1-4+)
  • Firefly (The Complete Series)
  • Serenity

Books:
  1. I, Robot             Asimov, Isaac
  2. Foundation (Foundation, #1)           Asimov, Isaac
  3. Foundation and Empire (Foundation, #2)          Asimov, Isaac
  4. Second Foundation (Foundation, #3)       Asimov, Isaac
  5. Foundation's Edge (Foundation, #4)       Asimov, Isaac
  6. Foundation and Earth (Foundation, #5)       Asimov, Isaac
  7. Neuromancer (Sprawl, #1)        Gibson, William
  8. Count Zero (Sprawl, #2)             Gibson, William
  9. Mona Lisa Overdrive (Sprawl, #3)        Gibson, William
  10. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1)     Adams, Douglas
  11. Dancing Barefoot         Wheaton, Wil
  12. Just a Geek: Unflinchingly honest Tales of the Search for Life, Love, and Fulfillment Beyond the Starship Enterprise             Wheaton, Wil
  13. The Happiest Days of Our Lives        Wheaton, Wil 
  14. House of Leaves        Danielewski, Mark Z.

Games:
Shadowrun
                      http://www.shadowrun4.com/
Other tabeltop, video, or computer games I come across. I have a few that I may or may not have time for.



No comments:

Post a Comment