Saturday, October 10, 2020

Desperately Seeking Joy #2

 


Today I woke up with the goal of trying to keep busy and do things that have previously made me happy in the past.

First, I made breakfast. I made Breakfast Ramen for my husband. It's eggs, bacon, cheese, and Ramen noodles. It's a really heavy dish, but at least I got to be creative in the kitchen again. Here's a picture of the leftovers.

Then I cleaned up and lit my new favorite candle Hot Cocoa and Scream. And they're on sale, so I went online and bought myself three of them.  

Another way I've been working to keep my mind off of things today is I left off a TV station called FreeForm. They're doing 31 Days of Halloween movies. When I woke up this morning The Mummy  was on, so when I went downstairs, I kept the movie on and the sequel followed. While I'm not solely invested in sitting and intently watching, having on a movie I know has been helpful for when I do sit down and am not sure what to do with myself.

During that time I unloaded some of the bags we brought back from my moms and put things in a properly place. I tried to clean up most of the counter space and I had my daughter try on some new clothes that my mom sent home with us. They looked cute enough. I just hope she wears them.

Then I started planning some things to do with the family. We have some movies to watch tonight with my daughter, so I took a tin of our premade southern biscuits dough and made some Cinnamon Apple Biscuits

I broke out some of my Halloween stuff, such as my Halloween Tumblers and I arranged my Funkos while watching the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror marathon on FreeForm.

The other day I ordered the Ghostbusters games and they arrived today! I don't know when I'll get to play them, but I'm excited to have them.

After some cleaning and geeking out over the games, I finally called it. It was family movie night time. We were going to watch Sleepy Hollow and Poltergeist. So we got our warm, apple cider ready and heated up the buns and set in to watching the movies. We've been trying to pick movies to share with our daughter. Halloween movies are shockingly hard, because they're either cheesy kid movies or they're more geared towards adults. But we have a selection that we're sharing with her to keep us all in the Halloween spirit. FreeForm has been really helpful with that as well.

I also made popcorn, which the family loves and we also ordered a basic pizza from our local pizza shop. It just felt like a movie night that way.

So today was mildly successful at keeping me out of the dark and reminding me of the things that make me happy. Let's hope I can keep moving forward with those bits of joy littering my day and keeping the dark at bay.


No comments:

Post a Comment