Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bill Nye - A Man of Incredible Spirit

Bill Nye has his own legacy as the Science Guy of so many youthful hours of television watching. He inspired a love of Science in many and continues to inspire my own students in Science (when I'm teaching it). {Along with the likes of Mr. Wizard and Beakman from Beakman's World!} I love watching him and I love watching all the little shows I see him popping into now that I am an adult.(http://www.billnye.com/ and http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealBillNye)

I must also admit, I have a tendency to tune into Dancing with the Stars. Mostly if there are people I adore on it. This year I really don't have people who I am dying to watch dancing on the show, but Bill Nye drew me to watch this season.
Sadly, an injury put him in jeopardy this week and I feared the worst for him. I thought the injury would completely put him out of the competition and some might argue that, in the end, it did. What I loved about his performances on DWTS was that he geeked it up hardcore! He wore the suspenders and played up the mad scientist... err... scientist thing on the premier.


Then on the next week, where he was injured, he was Beethoven.


Last night, though, the full extent of his injury was revealed and. . . I wouldn't want him to have gone out any other way than as some sort of crazy sci-fi robot (Asimov anyone?). . . here was Nye's final performance, demonstrating his incredible spirit and will to persevere!


For a laugh at a fake Bill Nye tweeting like a Gangsta Bill Nye, go here...well... if you don't mind inappropriate language. If Gangsta Nye is not your thing, enjoy the GIF below! And have a great rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment