Saturday, October 20, 2018

A Nerdy Teacher's Closet: Week 7 (10/15 - 10/19)

I don't know if you've gathered this information from anywhere on here, but I absolutely love zombies. It all started when I fell in love with zombie movies so very long ago. Since that time, I have watched movies from all over the world. I even saw Fulci's Zombi, which was influenced by Romero. Have you ever seen a zombie punch a shark? Zombi 2 (Island of the Living Dead) has some pretty epic zombie action scenes. To be fair, though, so many have argued that zombie and walking dead are different and yet the same. Either way, they are dead come back to life. The real argument is the rage virus style of undead versus, for example "walking dead." Boy did I digress. Either way, I love zombies and here are my shirts, continuing my Halloween theme.


Week 7: 10/15 - 10/19



Monday, October 15, 2018
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Stupid duplicate shirt. First one and I loathe it. Dislike sports dress-up days.


Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Ah yes... the life of a zombie. This one had no real merit, except that it was a zombie shirt. I got this one through TeePublic.


Wednesday, October 17, 2018
I also love my shirts that talk about brains. They are typically so cute. This one made me think of The Walking Dead, but I think it's just because Carol made cookies. I came home sick, so that's why I look so glum. I didn't get to wear the shirt for long, but oh well. I still was able to enjoy it a little bit. The shirt seems to be for sale from all sorts of places. I wish I could remember where I got it from.


Thursday, October 18, 2018
We had parent teacher conferences for the first time. During the day I wore my zombie brains shirt. Then I had to change for the conferences. I like to call this... Teacher by Night and Day. My dress shirt I've had for years and have no idea where it came from. My zombie shirt came from TeePublic.


Friday, October 19, 2018
We had our first field trip today. Then it was followed by District Family Game Night. I thought the shirt was funny to wear on the field trip, because field trips are always crazy and it just seemed silly enough. Plus some of the stuff we were learning might be helpful in a zombie apocalypse. We went to the local Technical College to learn more about some of the career options. Granted, we probably won't need marketing in the apocalypse (Welcome to Terminus. Those who arrive, survive!), but you never know. We learned about firefighting and how to rescue people with a drop harness. We learned about medical technology and the future of medical A.I. There was some fancy food stuff, for the culinary arts program. Finally there was one about... oh goodness... sadly, all I can remember from that is that the guy was irritated by the behavior of the previous groups... oh wait! I think it was about farming and the technological advances of farming. Regardless, my shirt felt fitting and wrapped up my week of zombie. (I forgot to post this on the day and had to find it to make sure there was a record of it.)


Saturday, October 20, 2018
I wore my pink Breast Cancer shirt, because we were part of a walk for Breast Cancer. We joined the team for my co-worker who was diagnosed. My daughter and I walked. I'll also have the shirt on Monday for Pink-Out Day.







No comments:

Post a Comment