Saturday, October 6, 2018

A Nerdy Teacher's Closet: Week 5 (10/1 - 10/5)

It is all about Homecoming Week! Even though I'm in middle school, our Student Council wants to celebrate our feeder high school. Just like in high school, it is a week of themed dress-up. What made this week even more interesting was that my daughter's elementary school (we're not in the same district) also was doing a Homecoming Week! We have a small community, so the Homecoming game is one of the biggest events! There's a parade and everything. My district is quite a bit bigger and there's two large high schools. So this is what our first week of October was like. I'm hoping the rest can really channel from Halloween flavor.


Week 5: 10/1 - 10/5


Monday, October 1, 2018
Our first day was 'Merica Day. Um... so... I am already opposed to 'Merica... It's A-merica. America. Next time please just call it Red/White/Blue day. Anyways. I didn't feel like going traditional, so I pulled out my shirt from the 2016 election. If only. From TeePublic.



Tuesday, October 2, 2018
I really pushed myself with this particular theme day. I have very few sports shirts. It was sports apparel/jersey day. I dug out my X-Men jersey (a nod to 1963 and the originals) from LootCrate and tossed on my Timber Rattlers hat to represent some sort of sport. Plus it's kind of a Brewers throwback jersey and you know they're rockin' things at the moment. The reason this was a stretch for me wasn't that it was sports, but that it was yellow and I didn't have a shirt over the shirt. I had to double-up the shirt with a long sleeved navy shirt and I felt bulky. I mean... everyone knows I'm not a skinny flower, but my anxiety was high wearing this. I did it though. Go me! Come to think of it... maybe I felt a little bit like a mutant that day. Ha! This is from the Marvel Geat + Goods: Danger Room (April 2018) crate. You can find the shirt on ebay and other places if you google for it.



Wednesday, October 3, 2018
This particular day was Disney day. I failed to remember to wear my Star Wars Disney ears, because they're in my daughter's closet. Poor planning on my part, even though I did wear my WALL-E and Groot shirt. It's all good. I got to be unique. I don't remember where I got it, but it's currently available through TeePublic and Naolito. 



Thursday, October 4, 2018
I had a sick day today. My school had tie dye and my daughter's school had Red, White, and Blue day. She came downstairs saying she was going to wear her tie dye shirt, because it had red, white, and blue on it, even though it also had green. Since I wasn't dressing up, I took a picture of her to represent both of our theme days. Too adorable for words. This particular shirt was homemade at Girl Scout Camp.



Friday, October 5, 2018
I can't say I was feeling 100% better for this last day of the week, but I know I needed to tough it out and go in. Luck for me I was feeling great by the end of the day. Probably because my students are so adorably amazing! Our day was West Colors. West has this blue as their color (and white). Since we've been working hard on making sure our students are using proper writing conventions, which include capitalization and punctuation (we aren't in the business of writing texts up in here), I wore this shirt to remind them. Fridays are always Vocab Quiz day and they have to write a sentence that demonstrates their understanding of the word, so we started out with some fun to remember the expectations. This shirt is much loved by many. I, shockingly, bought it years ago when I first started teaching. Since I've been able to organize all my shirts, I finally had the opportunity to wear it and it fit me. That particular piece was thrilling. I bought it at Woot! Shirt. 



This weekend I'm going to try to get the rest of my October organized so that I don't miss out on cool stuff. I promise no Pumpkin Spice.






No comments:

Post a Comment