Saturday, September 22, 2018

A Nerdy Teacher's Closet: Week 3 (9/17 - 9/21)

While I was incredibly excited to break out all of my game club shirts, I made one misstep this week which broke my heart. The school year is getting intense, so sometimes it's easier to forget the finer things in life... like International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Either way, there were several wonderful and glorious t-shirt moments that really made my week that much more interesting and... provocative is not the correct term, but... like... engaging?


Week 3: 9/17 - 9/21

Monday, September 17, 2018
Today was the first day of Game Club. So I wore my N.E.W. Game shirt, promoting one of the exciting events my club kids will have a chance to participate in. One of the highlights of Game Club. It's a staff shirt, so it's super elite.



Tuesday, September 18, 2018
I was so excited to take this shirt to a whole new level in Literacy. We're working on small moment stories. Taking a tiny seed or a tiny event in our life and turning it into a larger story to really enrapture the reader. I told them the story of how Rogue One started as one line in a Star Wars movie and they turned it into a Blockbuster. I'm keepin' it simple here. We're not going to go into the lore, we're going to stick with the basics. So I loved being able to wear this. I got this through TeePublic.com.



Wednesday, September 19, 2018
We are studying energy forms in Science. Without thinking ahead of time (um... it's International Talk Like a Pirate Day....), I thought it would be fun to wear my minion Star Wars shirt, because of the Science and energy implications. What kind of energy is the Force? Potential? Kinetic? Energy? Light? You get it. The discussion was somewhat interesting, but at least it got a few wheels moving at 8:45AM. I purchased this shirt through TeeFury.com, but it is no longer available.



Thursday, September 20, 2018
I had to go present my District Family Game Night to the district's Parent/Teacher Organization. So all the PTN's from all the schools in the district. I wanted to promote the event and hope that they would all take the information back to their schools. I had already had the head office send out fliers and had done some other things. So hopefully it'll be fruitful. GO SPTGC!!!



Friday, September 21, 2018
It was tornado drill day! How could I NOT wear my Sharknado shirt. Now that made my day happy. Sadly, only a few people got it, but still... I'm the only one who needs to be happy about it. I got this shirt SnorgTees.com, but apparently it has gone missing from the site since the other day when I checked. Demand the shirt be renewed.






No comments:

Post a Comment