Saturday, February 17, 2018

The Joy of Gaming - Diner and Breakfast

I woke up on a Saturday morning with a fun idea to make a new breakfast dish I'd been dying to make and then play Diner with my husband. Not that it pertains to games, but my husband and I are doing the Keto Diet, so I've got to get creative with food sometimes. Today I was going to make a sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich - like what'd you get when you go out to eat. Not quite at a diner, but I would totally eat it if a diner offered it.

Diner (2015)
Back in the day, I Kickstarted Dice Hate Me Games campaign that offered a really nice selection of thematic games. I felt they were channeled creative inspiration in a way that hadn't been seen before and I couldn't wait to have some smaller, yet challenging games. I was not disappointed. Diner, designed by Matthew O'Malley, is a real-time speed game that utilizes the fast-paced nature of the food industry. Passing action tokens in order to take tables, fulfill orders, and gather the food items keeps your mind as busy as a server. With two people, it's a quick play, but that's okay, because it's fun to go back for seconds... and thirds... sometimes even fourths.





No comments:

Post a Comment