Friday, May 22, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: 5 Nerdiest Things I've Ever Done

5 Nerdiest Things I've Ever Done




1. Dressing Up Like a Nun to Play Nuns on the Run at GenCon


2. Designed a Tabletop Game Unit for my Classroom
If you've been following me at all, you know I'm really into my tabletop game unit. I created it last year as a first time shot to go with my argumentative writing unit. I learned a lot trying it and was eager to try it again. Then we started a new writing program in our district; the Lucy Calkins writing program. I had no clue how this was going to affect me creating a tabletop unit for this year. Honestly, it's also part of my PDP that I'm working towards, so it's a big deal for me. But I was able to blend tabletop gaming with literacy perfectly and that, for me, was such a geeky thing to do. . . was bring my geeky passion into the classroom.

3. Participated in a Jane Austen Tea Time in Bath, UK


4. Dressed up like an Aviator to introduce my Aviation Unit
I got a bomber jacket and goggles and a leather cap and I told the kids I had to get something out of the back room and then I jumped out with my hands on my hips and declared that I am "AVIATOR BONILLA!" Then I pointed to the sky as I described our awesome adventure into aviation that we'll be on. My co-workers said I looked like Carl from Up. It was pretty epic and awesome! My school is by the EAA in Oshkosh, so it was a "duh" for me to use aviation as the theme for our informative writing unit.

5. Dueled with Lightsaber Popsicles





No comments:

Post a Comment