Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Happy Womb Exiting Day: Or How My Daughter Turned 5


Happy Birthday to my little Midgiekins! I can't believe it's been 5 years! I still remember the day we went in and your insistence to do things your way, even when the doctor's were unhappy with your choices.

I know parents tend to say the same cliche things about their kids, but I hope you realize how important you are to me. Being adopted, I don't have any blood family to help me understand who I am and what I come from. I never cared much about knowing, until I met you and watched you grow. I see so much of myself in you; your personality, your tenacious spirit, your independence. You are so smart and interested in learning and understanding things. I can see what influences you to make you who you are and what is in you through and through.

My hope for you is to not take on the baggage I have to deal with. You have such a wonderful daddy to help you when I fail to live up to my own expectations. I'm sorry I can't always be everything you want or need me to be, but I try to do my best to show you I love you and support your dreams. You're going to be an amazing person and I am so proud of you for that.

As for your special golden birthday, it's been a wonderful one. You got the games you wanted so badly! You ate at your favorite restaurant and got your giant dessert and you saw your Meemaw! I love you my little Midgiekins! Happy Birthday!






             

No comments:

Post a Comment