Friday, December 20, 2013

CAH Presents 12 Days of Holiday Bullshit - Day 9

Edited Note 12/21/2013 - Scratch that. . . now CAH Presents 12 Days of Holiday Bullshit - Day 10? What in the world?!?!?!

https://www.holidaybullshit.com/

I know I can be an overly emotional and weepy kind of girl sometimes, but it did my heart good and added to all the positive mojo I was feeling today to see that CAH donated $100,000 to DonorsChoose.org. I am a middle school teacher who was trained in the Milwaukee Public School system where so many students a struggling, because of cuts to funding and the mass exodus due to so much of the Scott Walker Bullshit.

So many teachers right now, especially in areas like Chicago, Milwaukee, Raleigh, and other major cities, are in need of financial support for classroom supplies. My first year teaching, I sunk hundreds and hundreds of dollars into my classroom in Oshkosh, while also trying to pay off student loans and support my family. You don't make a whole hell of a lot, especially after taxes and all the other necessary paycheck addendum are made. Most teachers have a calling. It's not just a training that is built up and you just go do it. You have to feel it in your soul, because the job is brutal and can crush you, mind, body, and spirit, if you aren't driven by that absolute calling.

I can also see CAH focusing on this kind of charity after watching their local Chicago schools go through everything they went through this past year. Don't underestimate how moved and touched the teachers who receive these dollars will be and I am happy to say that my dollar helped to support colleagues.

In order to see how awesome this charitable act is, click this link to get to their breakdown of what CAH did to honor our country in better ways than. . . most of our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment